Saturday 1 August 2009

I can't sleep

I hate that I did everything I could to wear myself out yesterday so that I could fall asleep early, only to have it not work. I washed three cars, drove around with my siblings, did the grocery shopping, went out for dinner, walked... only to have it all go to waste while I laid in bed, just surfing the internet.

It's not that I was on the internet and let time pass me by. I wish. It's just that, I'm ashamed to admit... I find that I am now unable to sleep on my own. I find I can't fall asleep unless I'm crammed in a bed with other people. I've got this huge space which I remember wishing for when I was staying alone in England in my tiny single bed... the air conditioning is set just nicely, there are no weird smells and my sheets are freshly laundered, my pillows are just the right amount of fluffy.

But I can't sleep.

I need a glass of water. The sun just came up and I'm going to run downstairs, get a tall glass of water, down it and run back upstairs. Have a wee, and hopefully... hopefully I'll pass out as soon as I get back in bed. Sleeplessness sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment