Tuesday 4 August 2009

HBP was mediocre.

I hate feel good movies. I just sat through Ghost of Girlfriends Past, and like I told Shak, yes I do love chick flicks, but the truth is... I hate the feeling I get after the movie ends (and why the fuck is Firefox putting a red line under movie? It's i before e, except after c, morons). It's like reading fairy tales, the whole and they lived happily ever after thing. I know, I know, everyone who knows me knows that I'm a sucker for romance novels, Disney princess films, fairy tales, chick flicks and all that feel good stuff.

But here's the truth, friends:

I hate them.

I hate the feeling of wanting more, of needing more, of emptiness that I get at the end of the story. So these characters supposedly get their happy ending, but what about the audience? What about us single girls watching these films and reading these books who turn to their side, wishing we had somebody to hold hands with and say:

"I love you..."

I hate love.

Now I'm going to angst on my own and read the scene where Dumbledore dies. Again.

1 comment:

  1. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. funny la u, woman.

    chickflick what. hehe

    ReplyDelete