Sunday 2 August 2009

The angel on the stairs, will tell you I was there.

You know how the great minds are so often unappreciated during their lifetimes? I'm not saying that I'm one of the great minds... I'm just saying that people so often don't appreciate what they have, who they have, when they have them. The moment the thing, the person, is gone, they notice this great, gaping... hole in their lives where this presence was before and they wish they had taken more care with it, given it more attention, loved it more.

But it's gone.

They're gone.

And in the end, all you're left with are broken promises and empty regrets.

I'm tired. I'm so tired... I won't be around much longer. This constant uphill journey has worn me out, wrung out the good and the bad. I don't regret it, not all of it anyway, it's taught me much about life, about myself... I'll be stronger for it, but right now I'm weakened and can't go on for very much longer.

Just let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment