Sunday 18 April 2010

What Comes Before

People come and go. As they walk through the revolving doors of your life and consciousness, they tend to drop an article, say things to you and/or alter the reality of your realm in minor or major ways. Every person who crosses your line of fate affects the path of your life.

I believe that everything happens for a reason.

There is a reason why I spilt my milk this morning, but like the butterfly flapping it's wings in China, I'll only experience the repercussions of that act later. Maybe.

And so it is with this belief that I hold no resentment for Those Who Came Before. Had this person not been with one such as she, he might not have developed into this person whom I know today. In that same way, I suppose I was the One Before The One in my last relationship. I don't hold any grudges. Am I sad that it ended? I was.

Now? I believe that it wasn't meant to be and neither of us would have wanted to hold on to it for much longer. We had something special, but we were simply teaching each other about life and love to prepare for the next one.

So, shall we now all stop bothering about the Before? Let's concentrate on the Now. On ME. The After.

No comments:

Post a Comment